what makes us different
- Well-established GR (interaction with government agencies)
- Originalization and pre-development of the project until the appearance of the investor
- Specific knowledge of tariff revenue modeling
- The accumulated knowledge and relationships with the holders of technologies in specific industries
- Focus on environmental projects and, in particular, in the field of TKO management as the second (after roads) investment attractive area
- Related business-shares in regional companies participating in GCHP projects
what we have already done
- 78 GCHP projects were implemented over 8 years with an investment of 144.2 billion rubles
- 17 concession agreements were concluded with a total investment of 23 billion rubles
- 10 concession agreements for the construction of facilities for the treatment and disposal of municipal solid waste (TKO)
- First concession agreement in the electricity sector
- 30 the geography of our projects is expanding every year — we are familiar with the specifics of many regions and keep in touch with representatives of the public side
- 2 partners and 16 lawyers in the team — one of the largest teams in the Russian market, so you can be sure that we will promptly respond to your requests
what can we do
- Followed by a «turn-key projects». We support turnkey projects at all stages-from the development of a financial model and negotiations to the commercial closure and operation of the facility, we help with the search for investors and contractors, structure the transaction and prepare documentation, support in the design and construction process and conduct a dialogue with the authorized bodies.
- We use connections and contacts. We have established contacts with regulators, GCHP legislators, regional authorities, banks, pension funds, development institutions, investors, contractors and technology holders.
- We analyze the market and transform the legislation. We analyze trends and publish analytics, our lawyers are the authors of scientific articles and popular articles in the media, we are deeply involved in the transformation of legislation in the field of GCHP and project finance.
- We optimize the relationship model and the risks of participating in the project. We represent the interests of all participants in GCHP projects, including the interests of authorities, initiators, operators, as well as financing organizations and other investors. We understand their needs and help them optimize their relationship models and the risks of participating in the project.
- We immerse ourselves in the project as much as possible. Our GCHP practice lawyers are leading professionals both in the field of structuring GCHP transactions and in related areas, including corporate, financial, budget and environmental law. Our financial specialists are able to model projects of varying degrees of complexity, and connections with technology holders and other market participants allow us to solve any problems that arise during the project.
Services in detail
- Participation at the project initiation stage, including analysis of the regulatory framework of the public partner and development of the optimal GCHP project model
- Preparation of the project risk matrix and recommendations for their distribution and minimization
- Development of the financial and tariff model of the project
- Advising on the involvement of real estate and land plots in the project
- Support of private initiatives, preparation of tender documentation and bidding support
- Preparation of concession agreements and agreements on GCHP (MCHP)
- Preparation of «turn-key» construction contracts (EPC, EPCM), contracts with operators (O&M), engineering contracts and other related contracts
- Preparation of all corporate documentation for the creation and operation of a project company, including in the form of a consortium
- Preparation of all financial documentation, including credit agreements, issue documentation on the issue of bonds, direct agreements
- Maintenance and support during the design and construction of the object
- Transport infrastructure
- IT systems
- Heat and water supply
- Health care
- Social infrastructure
- Electric power industry
Clients note the team's deep industry knowledge, as well as an understanding of the commercial side of the project. «They understand not only legal issues, but also technical issues, which greatly simplifies the dialogue», one of the clients notes.
Clients admire the quality of the advice provided by the team, and also note its «responsiveness, hard work and customer focus».
LECAP is highly valued by its clients for its «exceptional expertise in GCHP projects», as well as for its «accurate and commercially sound advice».
LECAP's lawyers are «very attentive to the needs of their clients», and they are «professional, friendly, and always happy to help».
How we develop the market
- We participate in the Expert Council of the Association of GCHP Participants of the National GCHP Center
- We participate in the Expert Council on GCHP Development under the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia
- We have developed a draft Federal Law «On the Foundations of Public-Private Partnership in the Russian Federation», which formed the basis of the current Russian legislation on GCHP
- We have developed a draft law on GCHP in the defense sector
- Participated in the reform of legislation in the field of project finance
- Participated in the development of legislation in the field of concession bonds
- Annual sponsor, moderator and participant of specialized events: Congress «Russian GCHP Week», the Forum of Private operators of municipal infrastructure, inter-Agency round table on waste management, Environmental forum
- Our lawyers are constantly improving their competence, have published two books and are published in periodicals on topics related to GCHP
The proceeds from the sale of WMR will remain at the disposal of operators for the treatment of MSW
LECAP gave a presentation to the Bank of Russia on preparation and placement of structured bonds