Partner | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dmitry specializes in corporate and finance law, antitrust law, Russian and EU compliance regulations, PPP and project finance, as well as restructuring of distressed assets.
Dmitry has over 20 years of experience in the field of law, including public service, legal consultancy, and in-house in executive positions with leading Russian and international financial groups, both in Russia and abroad.
Supervises projects commissioned by federal and regional authorities on the development of competition and entrepreneurship, and also advises leading Russian and international companies and institutions on issues related to his specialisation.
His clients include Government of Bashkortostan, World Bank, INTER RAO UES, Citibank, Rabobank International, Fortis Group, Green Gas International, RUSNANO, ROSATOM, VTB Bank, Uralsib, Credit Europe Bank Group, ARMADA Group, Sovcombank, Dexia Bank.
Dmitry has unique experience developing a comprehensive compliance program for a top 10 Dutch bank and subsequently implementing it successfully in 11 jurisdictions, including the EU, the CIS, Switzerland and the Middle East.
- Recognised by the international legal directory Best Lawyers: in Corporate Law — since 2018, in Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice — since 2022.
- Acts as a legal expert in the events of the Working Group "Promotion of Competition and Protection of Entrepreneurship" at Open Government System at the President of the Russian Federation.
- Member of the Expert Council at the Russian Private Public Partnership Development Center.
- Dmitry is involved in pro bono activities as a lecturer at MGIMO University as a law practitioner and as a certified member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS, Florida, USA).
“Dmitry Krupyshev has notable expertise in share and asset acquisitions.”
- Candidate of Science degree in Law (Ph.D. equivalent) from MGIMO University (2002).
- International law faculty of MGIMO University under the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (with honours, 1996).
- Certified member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS, Florida, USA).
- Speaks English, Spanish, and Dutch.
publications and speeches
Investor controls: bondholders' representative, OSVO
Investor Controls: Disclosure
Investor Control Mechanisms: Covenants
Securitisation in Russia — 2021
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of securitisation laws and regulations applicable in Russia.
SPAC: to be or not to be?
In 2020, private fast-growing companies had serious funding needs, and the market "remembered" about the simplified mechanism for turning a private company into a public one through the placement of shares in SPAC (special purpose acquisition company), followed by a merger with the target operating company.