Partner | email@example.com
Yury has 20 years’ experience in financial transactions. He is an acknowledged expert on the Russian capital market, and in structuring financial transactions in terms of PPP projects.
Yury is a Head of PPP & Project Finance at LECAP. For the last 10 years Yury’s PPP team has supported more than 80 PPP projects all over Russia (in 31 regions) with total investments over RUB 156 billion. 21 concession agreements (investments over RUB 30 billion) were signed with the support of LECAP’s PPP team.
Yury was one of the pioneers of securitisation in Russia - from the first practical steps of creating infrastructure for mortgage lending, drafting standard mortgage loan documentation, and to the development of a new federal law on securitisation of assets (2013).
- Yury is a member of Expert council of PPP Development Center and Investment Council under the Speaker of the Russian State Duma aiming at the development of PPP laws and regulations. Yury is an expert in PPP in IT.
- Has consulted State Corporation “VEB.RF” and the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation on the development of the Program for Project Finance Factory.
- Is one of the principal authors of the Russian draft law On the Development of Project Finance prepared at the request of and in cooperation with the Russian Ministry of Economic Development. Yury has been actively involved in the reform of the legislation on pledge under a joint project between the Ministry of Economic Development and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, as well as in the development of mortgage lending and securitisation in Russia.
- Chaired the Legal Committee of the Working Group for Residential Housing Finance and Securitization in Russia under the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and led the team at the Private Law Research Center under the President of the Russian Federation to develop civil legislation.
- Participated in the reform of the laws and regulations on securities and procurement. He also drafted legislation on concession bonds and the law on PPP in the sphere of military technical support of defence and security.
- Practical commentary to the Federal Law “On Concession Agreements” (article-by-article guide to court practice) under the general editorship of Yury Tukrtarov was released in 2019.
- Practical guide ‘Concession agreement: legal nature, application, conclusion and performance’ under the general editorship of Yury Tukrtarov was released in 2016.
- 2012 – 2015: Yury gave a course of lectures “Law and Finance” (financial transactions structuring) in the New Economic School.
- Yury is a Top 10 Russian lawyer in Ecology law and a Top 15 Russian lawyer in PPP according to 2021 legal ranking by Kommersant, the leading Russian business daily.
- Every year Yury is included in legal ratings in PPP, project finance and infrastructure projects by Chambers Europe, Best Lawyers, etc.
The practice is led by Yury Tuktarov, who is "a talented negotiator who aims to find the best solution for all parties."
One client reports Yury Tuktarov to be a “methodological and energetically-charged” lawyer who gives “constructive recommendations.”
Department head Yuri Tuktarov is a well-regarded lawyer with notable experience in acting on regional PPP projects in waste disposal. One client praises him for his understanding of commercial PPP aspects, saying: “He often generates ideas and solutions that are based on several considerations, not merely legal.”
Clients are complimentary about his assistance, saying: “He doesn't tell you what the problem is. He tells you what the solution is.” Another client says: “What’s most important, he's very patient. He can take the time to explain things to you as many times as necessary.”
Practice head Yury Tuktarov “can think outside the box and create innovative solutions.”
- Yury graduated from the faculty of law of Far Eastern State University in 1998 and received a master’s degree from the Russian School of Private Law in 2001.
- Took a post-graduate course in the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation in 2002 and in the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law in 2004.
- Took a post-graduate course in the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law in 2004.
- Yury took a Ship Finance course in Cambridge in 2010 and a Moody's course on credit assessment of territorial entities of the Russian Federation in 2011.
publications and speeches
Investor controls: bondholders' representative, OSVO
Investor Controls: Disclosure
Investor Control Mechanisms: Covenants
Securitisation in Russia — 2021
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of securitisation laws and regulations applicable in Russia.
SPAC: to be or not to be?
In 2020, private fast-growing companies had serious funding needs, and the market "remembered" about the simplified mechanism for turning a private company into a public one through the placement of shares in SPAC (special purpose acquisition company), followed by a merger with the target operating company.